Here at the Engagement Center for Creative Aging(ECCA), like Virginia Tech, private philanthropy fuels our forward progress – in scholarship, in research, in outreach, and more. Each day, programs and initiatives made possible by donors are touching the lives of countless community members here in Blacksburg, on campus, across our region, throughout the country, and around the world.
How To Help:
Gifts In Kind – The Wish List
By donating items off of our wish list you can assist the center in optimizing its daily operations. Contact Ila Schepisi, Director, fax 231-3161 for the wish list.
Volunteers are welcome at our center for regular schedules or special events. Contact the Therapeutic Program Manager, Joanna Culligan, at 231-3161.
Funding is crucial to maintain and expand high quality adult day services. Your tax deductible donation can be given directly to support our programming. Checks made payable to: Virginia Tech Foundation/ADS can be dropped off or mailed to ECCA, 102 Wallace Hall (0416), Blacksburg, Virginia 24061. Donations can be in memory or honor of specific individuals.
You can help fulfill our mission by including ECCA in your estate plans.
Endowments for student scholarships, speaker programs, or future renovation and building projects can be established for perpetual support of ECCA.
What will my donations support?
- Scholarships for gerontology students,
- Scholarships for qualified adult participants,
- Materials, books, technology, supplies, equipment and resources to support our core mission,
- Community educational events,
- Caregiver support services,
- Professional development for staff and faculty,
- Facility renovation, maintenance and additions,
- Continued maintenance of the highest standards for teaching, research and outreach opportunities.
Thank you for considering to support the mission of ECCA with your gifts.